Sidsel joined AWA in Denmark in 2009 with the acquisition of International Patent Bureau (IPB). Before being appointed Group CEO, she led AWA’s Danish business and was Group Vice President. Sidsel is a client-focused and growth-driven business leader.
As a European Patent Attorney, she continues to advise clients engaged in the chemical and chemical engineering fields with patent procurement, including drafting and prosecution. Sidsel also provides litigation support in complex infringement cases before the courts in Denmark and internationally.
Sidsel is a member of the Disciplinary Committee under the Association of Danish Intellectual Property Attorneys (ADIPA) and Co-chair of the Women in IP International Committee under the American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA).
She continues to be ranked as a leading and highly recommended IP attorney by major industry publications and legal directories, including Managing IP, The Legal 500, IAM Patent 1000, IAM Strategy 300, World IP Review and Leaders League.
Sidsel actively participates in the intellectual property and business communities, regularly attending and speaking at industry events. She received her Master of Science in Engineering from the Technical University of Denmark in 2000, became a European patent Attorney in 2006 and obtained the CEIPI Diploma in European Patent Litigation in 2010.
- Analyses & searches
- IP due diligence
- IP Strategy
- SPCs - Supplementary Protection Certificates
- Utility models
- Biochemistry/Molecular Biology
- Cleantech & Sustainability
- Cosmetics and hygiene
- Food & beverage
- Inorganic chemistry
- Life sciences
- Manufacturing & process technology
- Organic chemistry
- CEO Denmark, Group Vice President, AWA, 2016 – 2023
- Team Manager, Partner, AWA, 2010 – 2016
- European Patent Attorney, Partner, AWA, 2007 – 2016 (previously International Patent Bureau, acquired by AWA in 2009)
- Patent Consultant, International Patent Bureau, 2002 to 2007
- Research Fellow, Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia, 2001
- CEIPI Diploma in European Patent Litigation, University of Strasbourg, 2010
- GDPA Part 1, Copenhagen Business School
- M.Sc. Engineering, Technical University of Denmark, 2000
- European Patent Attorney
- Registered Representative before the Unified Patent Court (UPC)
- epi (European patent institute)
- ADIPA (Association of Danish IP Attorneys)
- AIPLA (American Intellectual Property Law Association)